Sunday 17 February 2013

love day


 
Valentines week was a busy one for us this year. Ian was in Washington so i was busy with double duty. We had a valentines party at our house again this year, on the Monday. It was great fun with lots of snacks (black bean brownies and pineapple lollipops were the favourites) and art ( glue, hearts, scissors and some cute macaroni bracelets). We collected donations for Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre and we're hopeing to get out to drop it off next weekend. Then on Thursday Wesley had a valentines party at school and was very excited to show Isobel and i all his cards and shared all his treats with us :)

 
I opted for a Healthful valentines this year and thought it would be harder that it turned out to be. I found lots of cute ideas online for heart shaped fruit treats and heart shaped pizza and grilled cheese. I got a new Play dough ice cream shop kit for a treat, you would have thought it was real ice cream they were so excited! And in the end they always get a few treats from other people, so i guess it all evens out ;)

 
This is an amazing blog for anyone who's interested...i think it's my favourite food blog ever! I got most of my valentines ideas on it, thanks to my friend Laureen for recommending it!
Super Healthy Kids

1 comment:

  1. That website looks great! I'm going to try one of her granola bar recipes today and I'm definitely going back for more. I haven't had much luck trying to find good kid recipes that are healthy, but I haven't spent much time researching either, it's usually last minute when I want to make something and just need a recipe. Anyway, love the post, hope you are all doing great.

    ReplyDelete